Avenger V

I have been trying for the last week to contact Creig Catto re: my prop on order for close to six months for my RV9A. I have called and e:mailed and have not received any contact. I like Creig but I reallly would like to get my prop. Anyone else experience this proplem?

Ron Russ RV9A

Time line

There's a long list of RV builders trying to get finished up and flying this spring and summer. Last I spoke with Craig he was back in the buried position. If you're are truly getting close to flying he will get the prop done for you. Give him another call.

I just sent him an e-mail checking on the one I have on order... :D He's busy isn't he?

Avenger V said:
I have been trying for the last week to contact Creig Catto re: my prop on order for close to six months for my RV9A. I have called and e:mailed and have not received any contact. I like Creig but I reallly would like to get my prop. Anyone else experience this proplem?

Ron Russ RV9A

Wow, only six months?

The date of my order for a 3-blade prop is 12/21/05. Yes, that's December, 2005.

I would email him occasionally asking about status, and the last time I emailed him where he responded (he hasn't responded in a while) was in October, 2006.
At that time, he said that he would be shipping my prop (and spinner/backplate that he has for the purpose of fitting to the prop) on November 13, 2006.

I'd like to tell you to "get in line", but I have a feeling that I'm not even in line anymore.
It's partially my fault because I paid for the prop ahead of time, and all I owe him for is the fitting of the prop to the spinner and backplate. People have a tendency to put those who've paid (and who's money they've already spent) behind others.

I don't like to rush the guy who's making the prop behind which I'm going to hang my RV-7 and in which I'm going to sit my butt at altitude. That's not a person I want to offend.
But I'd sure like to have my prop.

Last edited:
I ordered mine in January and he said end of May delivery. I email him once a month with a progress report so he doesn't forget me. I havn't heard from him since January though. Has anyone received their prop when promised?

I sure hope Craig is teaching others to build his props (with Craig as Quality Control).
As many orders as he has outstanding, and as many as will get in line in the future, he needs some relief. Otherwise the pressure gets too great and all the fun goes away.
If he gets burnt out or (heaven forbid) something happens to him, we all lose.

joeboisselle said:
I ordered mine in January and he said end of May delivery. I email him once a month with a progress report so he doesn't forget me. I havn't heard from him since January though. Has anyone received their prop when promised?
Yes, I received my prop when promised.