PCHunt

Well Known Member
Sponsor
How often should the prop attach bolts on a Catto prop be re-torqued? Same as a wood prop, or is it different?

I retorqued at 25 hours, 50 and 100. This was within three month period and in my opinion it was not necessary. I've read a paper a while ago about wood prop retorque and decided to follow recommendation.

In talking with Craig, he said it is more dependant on climate change than time. If you live in the desert where it never rains and is low humidity, he said you could retorque annually. If you live in the Northeast with high humidity and rain during the summer and cooler, less humid winters, you would retorque more frequently.

I live in the Sacramento area and I retorque in the Fall once the rains have started and then again in late Spring when the rains have stopped and is low humidity and no rain all Summer long.

Jon Dembs

In talking with Craig, he said it is more dependant on climate change than time. If you live in the desert where it never rains and is low humidity, he said you could retorque annually. If you live in the Northeast with high humidity and rain during the summer and cooler, less humid winters, you would retorque more frequently.

I live in the Sacramento area and I retorque in the Fall once the rains have started and then again in late Spring when the rains have stopped and is low humidity and no rain all Summer long.

Jon Dembs

+1 what Jon said...