Larry Brown

Hello all. I'm thinking about ordering the Catto 3 blade prop when I order an engine mainly because I like the looks of this prop.
My question is, is there any RPM limitations with this prop?
I don't have an engine yet either but am basically thinking about 0-360A1A.
Compared to the Sensenich fixed blade prop, are there any major concerns?
Does anyone know if there are any speed gains or losses with this prop versus the Sensenich?
What about the spinner? Does that come with the prop?
What size spacer?
Building a 7A
Thanks.

Hey Larry,

No RPM limitation, well there is but it is up around 3000 RPM or so.

Craig can fit the spinner for you, it only takes $$$.

For the spacer, check Saber. They will set you up with bolts, crush plates, etc.

For answers to your other questions, hit the search button and put in Catto. You will ge more replies than you can possibly read in one night.

Hi Larry,
As Bill said and order your prop earlier, Craig is still busy and 3-blader takes a while to produce and deliver.
I am fitting spinner myself really not a big deal, just time consuming. There are good illustrations on Mike Shipper's website how to fit the spinner to three blader. Oh spinner comes with finish kit from Vans just specify wood prop before ordering FK.

Sabre is the company to go with. They know everything we need. It's only phone call and $ 500 :D for everything from them - spacer, crush plate, bolts, washers and shipping. Work of metal art from Sabre and Craig's masterpiece and your RV will look like show plane even before painting:).

Last edited:
Hello all. I'm thinking about ordering the Catto 3 blade prop when I order an engine mainly because I like the looks of this prop.
My question is, is there any RPM limitations with this prop?

My Catto 3-blade is limited to either 3200 or 3400 rpm.
I can't remember exactly which. I'm not real worried about it.

FedEx?

Glenn you are losing all the fun:) shipping by Fed Ex. USPS people were puzzled how that box got to my destination. Theoretically it could not even be accepted by them because they can not measure it properly. Craig used to ship by Uncle Sams Postal Service and his customers told him the funniest stories ever...

Glenn you are losing all the fun:) shipping by Fed Ex. USPS people were puzzled how that box got to my destination. Theoretically it could not even be accepted by them because they can not measure it properly. Craig used to ship by Uncle Sams Postal Service and his customers told him the funniest stories ever...

That's Funny!