rjcthree

Well Known Member
I'm getting my list of parts for my engine overhaul finalized, and I'm stuck on engine studs and through bolts.

Crankcase Services has OH'd and yellow tagged my case and all studs and through bolts, and reinstalled all studs and through bolts in the case.

Good enough? Should I replace them? I'm inclined to go with CCS advice - which is to stick the the experienced, inspected parts, and CCS does have a reputation of knowing what they are talking about.

Anybody have any strong opinions?

Rick 90432 SB Wings

If it were my engine I'd put it together with the studs and through bolts you have, if they say they're good. My case was overhauled, but nothing was said/implied about the bolts, so I bought new ones.

Y-T

rjcthree said:
I'm getting my list of parts for my engine overhaul finalized, and I'm stuck on engine studs and through bolts.

Crankcase Services has OH'd and yellow tagged my case and all studs and through bolts, and reinstalled all studs and through bolts in the case.

Good enough? Should I replace them? I'm inclined to go with CCS advice - which is to stick the the experienced, inspected parts, and CCS does have a reputation of knowing what they are talking about.

Anybody have any strong opinions?

Rick 90432 SB Wings
Rick,
Isn't that why you paid to get them yellow-tagged?

If it's "passed" by a reputable outfit, that's willing to put their signature on paper, they should be good to go... use them :)

gil A