TX7A

Well Known Member
I'm *thinkin'* about going with an injected engine rather than carbureted. However, I already have my finish kit. (C/S prop) Does anyone know the implications of changing? (I know, I know....why didn't I go ahead & bite the bullet to start with...

Thanks for any guidance on this.

Sam

Try Search

May I suggest on the top of the page, off center, right is a search function.

Enter one of......

Fuel injection
FI
Carb
O-360
IO-360
Carbureted vs fuel injected
Carburetor " " "
Carburetors " " "

Try Lycomings web site
Try Van's web site
Try Google

There is so much written already you will find all the opinions and info I think you would need. Good question just been beat to death. Good Luck.

FYI I have an O-360A1A in a RV-7, G

Last edited:
7A_@ABI said:
I'm *thinkin'* about going with an injected engine rather than carbureted. However, I already have my finish kit. (C/S prop) Does anyone know the implications of changing? (I know, I know....why didn't I go ahead & bite the bullet to start with...

Thanks for any guidance on this.

Sam

What implications? You'll need a high pressure boost pump. Other than that, if you go with bendix FI you won't have a purge line or anything like that, whats the difference? If you want an Angle Valve (200HP) FI motor, that'd be more difficult because I think the cowls are different. But the IO-360 B* series are parallel valve and would work fine I think...

My concerns are for the differences in the finish kit stuff...primarily the cowl.
I'm aware of the high pressure fuel pump, etc.
Sorry for the confusion.
Sam

Sam,

I originally wanted to go with a fuel injuected engine and therefore ordered the cowling without the scoop. I am looking to trade my "scoop less" cowling for one with a scoop. As far as any other differences to the finish kit, I dont think there are any. My cowling it untouched as received from Vans.

-Jeff

FI cowls

Don't think that a scooped cowl is for carbs and non scooped for FI. This not true. It depends on the type of induction system you are using. I am using a Precision system with vertical induction and I use the scooped cowl.

You need know a few of these things ahead of time.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler AZ

Trading scooped vs non-scoop cowl

The non-scooped cowl has larger cooling air inlets - approx 1" wider. I guess this is for additional air for the air intake plenum. If you trade a non-scooped for a scooped, be sure to trade both bottom and top cowl halves.