jthocker

Well Known Member
Here's a screen shot of my D180 during my flight this AM from BKL(Cleveland) to HAO(Cincinnati). RV8 O-360 ECI 9 to 1 pistons, Hartzell 7497 prop.
You LOP guru's care to comment on if this looks OK?

Jon, I'd call that "at peak" and not really LOP... 4 degrees is hardly on the other side.. Is this as lean as you can go?

What ignition do you have? I found that that's what made the most difference :)

PS.. this is what I saw yesterday just goofin' around.. (I go LOP as soon as practical...)

lop.jpg

Last edited:
GPS TV

I don't know anything about lean of peak but who is that erie looking guy staring back at you from your GPS TV?:D

Radomir
I have dual mags. This is my first attempt at running LOP. Yes, I think I can run leaner but the power dropped off to 55 to 59 %. Also the Dynon is very sensitive while leaning. It seems like if the EGT drops 1 deg. it senses "peak", so I spend alot of time wondering "was that peak" and continue to lean to another "peak". All the while trying to maintain course and altitude while watching all the EGT's.
On a Grand Rapids EIS you can set a specific EGT drop before it will announce "Peak". I can't seem to find a way to do this on the Dynon or what the default EGT drop is on the Dynon.

The Dynon autopilot will go a long ways towards me sorting all this out not to mention the ugly hole in my panel that will be filled by an AP74.

I don't know who the guy in the GPS/TV is but it can't be me, I'm younger and much better looking than that guy!:p

Yes, 5.6 G's left over from testing.