Scott DellAngelo

Well Known Member
Does it come in the firewall forward kit? I cannot seem to find it, but figured I would ask before ordering one from Van's tomorrow.

Thanks,
Scott
#90598 Baffles done, final details before moving to airport
N598SD reserved

There isn't one...

If the -9 is like the -8, Van's doesn't think you need a muff for carb heat - you just take air from the engine compartment.

That said...I bought a muff, and plumbed real hot air to my carb heat valve! ;)

Paul

Scott DellAngelo said:
Does it come in the firewall forward kit? I cannot seem to find it, but figured I would ask before ordering one from Van's tomorrow

I just got done replacing the Van's carb heat muff that I used on my RV. _Really_ marginal rise. Replaced it with the Wicks carb heat muff - the wicks muff is a direct replacement for Van's and works great.

I have a temp probe in my carb, and haven't yet been in a situation where ice was really much of a possibility. That said, when I turn on the carb heat - I want it to do something.

PS: If anyone wants to paypal me $15 bucks for the Van's muff - I'll send you the one I just removed.

heat muff

I too, replaced the Van's heat muff with one from Wicks:

1 x SS HEAT MUFF-SNGL OUTLET Part Number: EC100-020 (HEAT MUFF - CARB) (EC100-020)
= $54.79

It took exactly 15 minutes to swap out, including safety-wiring the clamps.

Good luck
Vern Little

where is it mounted?

Vern: Do you mount it to the exhaust where they cross over in the front? I seem to remember that being a tight spot. any pictures available? thanks, jack