chiricuca

I am installing the VANS carb heat muff in my RV-9A and practically I have no space to install the hose between the carb heat connector and the carb heat muff. Can you show me photos of your installation, please?
I know there are other carb heat muff and probably better (wicks, etc) but I'm only interested in pictures with the Vans' one.
Thank you

I've got the RobbinsWings muff, and the connection is close but doable. I have about two inches (maybe less) between the muff and the flange on the airbox. Could take a pic if it would help.

what's you weather like?????

I am installing the VANS carb heat muff in my RV-9A ....
I know there are other carb heat muff and probably better (wicks, etc) but I'm only interested in pictures with the Vans' one.
Thank you

If you actually are in conditions conducive to carb ice, you really are wasting your time with the van's 'muff'. I got the Robbins' wings 6" canister, and it actually creates some heat!...unlike the Van's pretend thing, which also seemed destined to saw it's way thru my exhaust pipe.

my opinion and observations.

Here is a shot of my 7A with 0-360.

Roberta

fwf7.jpg

If you actually are in conditions conducive to carb ice, you really are wasting your time with the van's 'muff'. I got the Robbins' wings 6" canister, and it actually creates some heat!...unlike the Van's pretend thing, which also seemed destined to saw it's way thru my exhaust pipe.

my opinion and observations.

Agree, if you actually need heat (which is not usually the case with the Lyc) the Robbins would be the preffered unit by far.