avi8tor50

Well Known Member
Hi all-

Finishing up the FAB for my 9A. Have read about how the Carb heat connector that VANS supplies often cracks at the welds. Was wondering what folks are using to replace this connector, where it can be ordered, and whether most are using VANS carb heat muff.

As always, any input is appreciated.

Peter K
9A

FAB Carb Heat Connector

Peter...

My connector from Van's broke at the welds within just a few hours. I replaced the connector with part number ADF-2 flange from Wicks. Cost was something like $7 and has lasted for 300 hours so far and no cracks. This part is a spun aluminum part with a wall thickness of about .075" while Van's was very light material with the tube welded to a thin mounting base.

Dick DeCramer
RV6 N500DD
RV8 wings
Northfield, MN

I used a carb heat muff EC100-020 from Wicks ($59.79) and I also used spun aluminum flanges 10350-8 from ACS ($7.50) for connecting to the air box and also on my baffel connection to the cabin heat muff.

Rick Robbins

I replaced the original heat/carb heat muff on my four with a Rick Robbins unit, and all I can say is this thing is a work or art. Nice fella to work with also , but the craftsmanship of the part just screams "attention to detail".
Highly recommended.
Dennis
RV-4
Super quick build...bought flying ;-)