apkp777

Well Known Member
Carb vent cover flange

Just noticed this on my carb. Bowl vent cover (thanks for the correction Brantel) is not flush with the mating surface. The fasteners came torqued. I am wondering if anyone else has a similar condition. This carb came from AERO and is an overhauled unit. The gap between the flange and the carb doesn't look right. There is a soft gasket which is pretty much useless. Perhaps this is normal?

2vajgo5.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I'll bet that if you sectioned that assembly, it would look something like this:

vent_bowl.PNG

If so, a bit of gapping might be OK, so long as the rim of the bowl is pressed tightly against the gasket.

I just got off the phone with Jesse from AERO and Mike from Tempest. They said it's pretty typical. Just looks kind of goofy.

I was going to make a statement similar to Bob's pic but a pic is worth a thousand words.

I bet it is nothing to be worried about....

I'll bet that if you sectioned that assembly, it would look something like this:

vent_bowl.PNG

If so, a bit of gapping might be OK, so long as the rim of the bowl is pressed tightly against the gasket.

Nice pic, however, the "the rim of the bowl" is not pressed tightly against the gasket. I am told by Tempest that this is typical however.

I see now that it appears that the bowl and the flange are 2 parts. It really didn't look that way on the carb. Of course a poorly lit hangar is probably the culprit. Oh yeah and no glasses too.

Yep they are....

I see now that it appears that the bowl and the flange are 2 parts. It really didn't look that way on the carb. Of course a poorly lit hangar is probably the culprit. Oh yeah and no glasses too.