n5lp

fugio ergo sum
Doesn't anyone listen to NPR's Car Talk? There was an RV question this morning. Actually it was the touchy question of Subaru versus Lycoming for the airplane you are building in your garage and it was interesting what these car guys said.

They are looking for opinions from experts. I guess that would be you guys. http://www.cartalk.com/ct/review/index.jsp

The show segment

Oh, and as for Lycoming vs Subaru on this site, there is another place for that discussion.

Last edited:
Lyc

They said stick with the tried and true technology, I must admit I was glued to the SAT radio for that one!
Best
Brian

We were listening to the segment this morning while airborne on our way to Olney (good old XM). While the guy didn't explicitly SAY it was an RV he was building, odds are.....

Click and Clack sure had fun with it - but they had more fun lampooning the building of an airplane in one's garage....

...Click and Clack sure had fun with it - but they had more fun lampooning the building of an airplane in one's garage....
Yep, but they seem to have fun with everything:) Sounds like it was an RV-9A.

I certainly wasn't offended. What isn't crazy about building an airplane in your garage, especially if you go with the cheaper wings?

Great show! Brad got me started on them a couple years ago...haven't listened to this one yet, but it's cued up for tomorrow's road trip!