jferraro17

Opulence, I has it...
Does anybody have a solution to "notcihng" the bushings for the capacitive wiring? I've tried drilling, X-acto knife, utility blade, and can't quite get a notch I am satisfied with/that is uniform.

Any ideas? Ever notice the things that seem like they will be trivial are always the biggest pain in the rear?

Thanks--

Joe

jferraro16 said:
Does anybody have a solution to "notcihng" the bushings for the capacitive wiring? I've tried drilling, X-acto knife, utility blade, and can't quite get a notch I am satisfied with/that is uniform.

Any ideas? Ever notice the things that seem like they will be trivial are always the biggest pain in the rear?

Thanks--

Joe
I used a rotozip sheetrock bit in my dremel on low to medium speed. I stabilized the dremel by clamping it to the work bench and held the bushings in a vice grips tool to keep them stable. It worked pretty well but the thing cuts pretty fast, so go slowly.
-mike

Last edited:
I tried the file, it was taking to long. This plastic is really hard.
DREMEL! If you do not have one of these, you are missing out on a great time saver. One suggestion though. chunk the cut-off wheels that are supplied with the package. They are dangerous when they fly apart. Use the reinforced cut-off wheels, (#426).

Thanks Guys.

I have a really nice Dremel set, but it never seems to come to mind when I think of my tools on hand. I need to bring it into my bag of tricks more permanently!

Joe