Mark L

I need to trim my capacitive sender plates a bit (~1/16-1/8") to clear some proseal which covers a few rivet heads. I would think that I need to trim the same amount from the edge of both the inboard and outboard sender even though only one is affected? I thought I would just sandwich the two together and file the edges down to accomodate the clearance. Would this be correct? I'm not sure how much unmarked fuel the trim may affect.

If I remove some material to clear the skin stiffener, do I need to remove the same material from the mating capacitive plate?

Nope. Don't trim unless you have to. Just cut the one that interferes. Definitely trim if needed, but only if needed.
You want to maximize the plate area.

Don't worry, your calibration process with whatever instrumentation you will be using will take care of this.

Don't worry, your calibration process with whatever instrumentation you will be using will take care of this.

Brantel is right

I had to cut a hole the rear baffle of both tanks, remove the senders and trim them. after recalibration everything is fine