rivetshaver

Can anyone tell me how thick are the plates for the capacitance fuel qty. system that Van,s uses. I have the installation drawing but the thickness of the plate is not noted. I am installing float probes but want to install capacitance plates for any future system upgrade.

Thanks.

It has been a while since I installed mine, but I believe they were 0.032. However, it doesn't matter how thick they are to make a capacitor. So go with the thinner spare stock you have that is stiff enough to hold its shape.

Last edited:
I am installing float probes but want to install capacitance plates for any future system upgrade.

Thanks.

Greg, if you are going to install the plates, you have to install the wires as well. Once your tank is sealed, you won't be able to put the wires in later. Soooo, if you are going to do the extra work, you should just go ahead and do the capacitance system to begin with. I guess what I'm trying to say is the capacitance system is "all or nothing." ;)

Thanks,
I have some .025" sheet. I am planning to install the entire system but initially use the floats. The cockpit indicating system for the float is much cheaper.