aarvig

Well Known Member
Let the opinions fly!! Capacative or float style fuel senders and why. I am going to order my wings in the next week or two and need to make the decision. Thanks everyone!

Have a look

I think this topic has been beat up quite a bit on here. If you do a search on the topic, you'll find lots of useful info, and many many opinions. I'm on the wings and I'm doing capacitve tanks.

There's pros and cons with everything and at the end of it, it's what you're happy with for your A/C.

Cheers,

Don

I was all set to do capacitive but the recent picture regarding fuel and it's future made me go with floats. Who knows what we'll be using and I don't want to have to recalibrate to match changing fuel. But I I were assured that 100LL would be around, I'd really want the capacitive.

We'll need more info.........

You can't use the best sender unless you're using the best primer.......so what primer are you using? :rolleyes:

I was originally set on cap senders until I was told by several other builders that they can be problematic and very difficult to service. Now after working at AFS, I can tell you we hear about a lot of cap sender problems. I know of at least two builders that had to drill big holes on the rear baffle to fix problems with the cap senders. I'd stick with the float senders. You'll be looking at FuelFlow anyway for accurate info.

I like mine!

I installed Cap sender plates in 2007 I now have over 400 hrs on the plane and haven't had any problems yet. Like someone said you do want to installed a fuel flow meter/gauge because it will be more accurate than any in tank gauge. I use a Fuelhawk universal gauge to stick my tanks before first flight of the day. I set my fuel flow computer (AFS) and use the in tank gauges as a quick look level check. I have them calibrated to 100LL and I use Mogas in one tank when filling at home. I use the fuel flow computer as a more exact look of what I still have. This works great for me. I cap plates read a little high but when the fuel is low they seem to be very accurate, I've done run dry test above the airport on each tank at separate times and when it gets time for the engine to stop the gauge is reading right just like it should.