William Slaughter

Well Known Member
Just getting started on the fuselage floorboard area and cannot locate the two F-805EPP Rudder Cable Supports. These are small 1-1/8 by 1-1/2 plates that screw to the F-805s and hold rudder cable bushings. I've been through my pile of "tin" twice, and double checked the bag list as well. No joy. Are these perhaps packaged with something else? This is not critical path, but I sure hate to spend $15 on shipping and handling for $3.86 worth of parts!
Thanks.

missing parts

I don't know anything about the "8" or the part you are looking for. But I have found that sometimes the plans show a part and you have to make it. Is this the case?
RV-9A flying with 6 hours on meter :)

Harvey, the PP on the end of a part number means "Pre-Punched" and thus not one of the make-it-yourself pieces.

Thomas, they are definitely not already on the 805s on mine, which probably makes it more likely that they should have been, but are MIA. :(

Thanks.

William Slaughter said:
Harvey, the PP on the end of a part number means "Pre-Punched" and thus not one of the make-it-yourself pieces.

Thomas, they are definitely not already on the 805s on mine, which probably makes it more likely that they should have been, but are MIA. :(

Thanks.

I'm helping a friend with his -8QB and they were in place already. Checked that block off real quick. :cool:

Karl

Definitely not a part you are supposed to make. The 805E's don't appear on the bag inventory list but are on the main list. If I remember correctly they were in the bag with all the gussets. I recommend to start going through the bags if you haven't done so already.

All of the fuselage gussets are already installed on the quickbuild, so I don't have that bag to look in, and with two other QBs having found them already in place, I think that I'll be ordering Monday. Thanks to all who responded.

William,

I could only find one in my, kit I assumed I needed two so I made the second out of some 063 alclad. easy to make and all they appear to do is keep the rudder cables away from the passenger foot wells. If we are talking about the same part. ( drawings in the shop, computer in the house) hope this helps.

Paul
RV 8 Fuselage