Mr. Johns 6A and 9A have different fuselages. Canopys are different on a cut I am told. Call Vans for specifics. Ron

Last edited:
Interchange

Hi,

RV6 and 9 fuselages are not the same, very different spar attachment methods. However, whether they have the same dimensions at the canopy is a different matter.

A way to check this would be to look up the part numbers for the 6 and 9 canopy frame and canopy on Vans list.

I remember when I bought my second canopy, talking with Becky at Airplane Plastics, she said that particular molded plexi canopy would fit 3 airplanes. My memory says it was a 6,7, and 9 - but I've slept since then and can't remember for sure.

Call Vans, they'll get you squared away.

Can you supply a contact link / number for Becky at Airplane Plastics please.

They will answer your questions, but you'll have to order the canopy through Vans and receive it from Airplane Plastics. They have an agreement with Vans to only sell Vans canopies through Vans.

Does anyone know if a 6A and 9A slider canopy will interchange?
The Sliding canopy frame WD-640 is the same on the 6-7&9. I know, I build them and have 20 sitting on the shop floor right now, I assume the plexi is also interchangeable. Take a finished one off one airplane and put it on an other airplane? That probably wont work.

Last edited: