rv72004

Well Known Member
I have a 7 tip up. I am wondering what others have done to seal the rear window where it sits against the skin.
Also is there any benefit to sealing the tip up and rear plexi where it mates to the roll bar ?ie how much water can really get in if you wash the plane or rains whilst parked .

I did not use any sealant on the rear window and only the front LE of the canopy is sealed only by the fiberglass used to faire the canopy to the skin. I was afraid of smearing any sealant as I installed these parts and making a big gooey mess. As it turns out, I get no water intrusion at these areas. I think it looks nicer not having a sealant line that is visible through the plexi.

I used some "P" seal on the roll bar to seal the canopy joint at the roll bar. The flat part is tucked under the rear window and the bulb part contacts the under side of the canopy when closed. Not sure how helpful it is ,but it cushions the canopy when closed.

JMHO

Roberta

Last edited:
3M makes a foam tape that i used underneath the aft canopy fairing on my slider. It's about 1/16" thick and 3/4" wide with adhesive on one side. I attached it to the slider. It seems to seal well and there's no damage to the skin from the fairing moving around.