pilot28906

Well Known Member
Does your WD-619 Canopy Release Shaft "ears" sit flat on the top of the C-620 bearing block? My 619 had a weld bead that is holding the ears off the block. This causes the shaft not to extend far enough into the WD-618 release arm.

WHy does the shaft need to go fully through the arm bushing? They are held together by a bolt, correct? You don't need much penetration beyond what is necessary for the edge distance on the two tubes. If it bothers you, shave off the bottom 1/4" of the delrin block. Then you'll have full penetration.

Larry

There is room for the bolt as is. Was thinking this would work, just wondering if there was any reason not to do this.

Thanks

There is room for the bolt as is. Was thinking this would work, just wondering if there was any reason not to do this.

Thanks

I can't think of one. You have the edge distance for the bolt hole and you have adequate length for the slip fitting to hold without undo rocking forces.

Larry

Van's says that the hole should be chamfered so the weld fillet will clear. This is shown on the RV-14 plans but not on the others. They sent me a copy of the plans showing the chamfer. Seems easy enough to do.

Van's says that the hole should be chamfered so the weld fillet will clear. This is shown on the RV-14 plans but not on the others. They sent me a copy of the plans showing the chamfer. Seems easy enough to do.

Use caution here. While it is hard to get precision from a picture, from the looks of your setup, even if you flip the pins upside down, if you chamfer that block and don't use a washer or something, your pins will rub against the block. When the pin clears the block it will drop down a bit, preventing it from closing.