Av8torTom

Well Known Member
Hello Friends,

I'm fabricating the tip-up canopy release mechanism (the forward one), and there's a call out for MS20392-2C13 Clevis bolts to on the articulating rods (see photo). I cannot find them. Does anyone recall if they come with the finish kit or with another sub-kit?

Thanks,

T.

Hummmmmmmmmmmmm

OK, checked and rechecked, they're not there. Guess I'll have to call Vans.

Thanks.

Inventory

I can't claim to do everything, or even most things right but I have been happy with how I keep track of the parts/hardware. I use the inventory list that comes with the kits (fuselage, wings, finishing...) and on it you can see all the bags and what is included in each bag. I keep the bags numerically on a shelf and try to cross off the parts on the inventory as I use them up. Sure I dump bulk rivets, screws, bolts and nuts out but for all the odd/special hardware it makes it easy to find when I need it.

Keep building,
KC

It's an rv9

In my build I just omitted the handle and hope to keep the lever underneath panel, that is it the Garmin 430 doesn't interfere. My point is that an rv9 is a non aerobatic airplane thus a canopy jettison is not required.

I can't claim to do everything, or even most things right but I have been happy with how I keep track of the parts/hardware. I use the inventory list that comes with the kits (fuselage, wings, finishing...) and on it you can see all the bags and what is included in each bag. I keep the bags numerically on a shelf and try to cross off the parts on the inventory as I use them up. Sure I dump bulk rivets, screws, bolts and nuts out but for all the odd/special hardware it makes it easy to find when I need it.

Keep building,
KC

You should duplicate this post in an "inventory tips" thread in the tips section. This is a good idea and one that comes to full bloom at the end of a build.