MarkC

Hi all,

I am almost finished with the Plexiglas part of the canopy but I have a quick question about it. At the front of the canopy it seems as though I have to push in on the sides to make it fit to the side rails. I have drilled it to the side rails and the fit looks good but I feel as though if it is left under this kind of tension it won't be long before it cracks. It looks like the canopy skin is holding it out, but I have cut a channel in it already to try and relieve it, not much help though. I already tried cutting the edges of the canopy up higher, I'm afraid that if I go much more though I'll have huge gaps there.

Is this normal? Or did I miss something?

5817052654404fcca44c02.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mark (234C res)

http://Websites.expercraft.com/markc

Looking at the photo, it may be that the canopy is a bit too far forward. Going back slightly may bring the sides in a bit more in the front. You could go back a bit (1/2"?) and redrill the side rails. Just a thought. It is always best not to drill any holes until the canopy lays exactly like you want it to.

Roberta

Here is a shot of the canopy fit before any holes were drilled. It is just resting in place.

canopy75pw.jpg

This is bolted on before the LE of the canopy was glassed in.

canopyfits9kz.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Roberta, I'll have to give that a try and see if it makes a difference. It is already back a little more than the plans call out.

Thanks,

Mark