Anyone know what the standard vans canopy part # is for the -8? i couldnt find it in the "list"
also what are the tint options for vans canopys?

thanks

You might want to consider Todd's Canopies as well. His canopies are better than stock, and I believe they come in various tints. He also guarantees that they won't crack during install, which is a big plus. You can even order them through Spruce.

Todd's main page seems to be offline, but this one works, and has his contact info at the bottom. http://www.toddscanopies.com/tdmain.htm

Cheers,
Rusty

13brv3 said:
You might want to consider Todd's Canopies as well. His canopies are better than stock, and I believe they come in various tints. He also guarantees that they won't crack during install, which is a big plus. You can even order them through Spruce.

Todd's main page seems to be offline, but this one works, and has his contact info at the bottom. http://www.toddscanopies.com/tdmain.htm

Cheers,
Rusty

I'll second Rusty's recommendation of Todd's Canopies. Todd is a member of my EAA Chapter. I've got one of his canopies, too. Great workmanship, price and a very nice shipping container. You can't be his warranty either.
Charlie Kuss

I also suggest Todd's Canopies. Todd is a great guy to work with and he will go out of his way to make sure you are satisfied.

Charlie: Maybe you could post he phone number as his web site seems to be down. I don't have it offhand.

Thanks

Thank you everyone for the info. The reason i want the vans part # was to get the cost and figure how much i save by deleting it from the finish kit. (yea i know only 75% of full price). my plan is to go with the thicker todds canopy at least for the wind screen. (makes me feel better about bird strike protection). i have thought about the entire canopy thicker but then i'll worry about emergency egress THROUGH the canopy. not to mention the extra 4 lbs.

by the way the canopy is not in the "list". anyone know the outright cost?

Thanks

canopy cost

I got my Van's canopy in my finishing kit and subsequently bought a tinted Todd's canopy. I called Van's and the gal there told me a new canopy was $575 plus shipping. My tinted Todd's was around $400 and I picked it up myself. He is in southern Florida for shipping purposes. Anybody need a Van's canopy?(cheap)

For some reason they don't put the canopy in the price list, but if you call them, they will tell you what they will credit you for it. I think my canopy from Todd was less than the credit so I made out.

One thing you might consider when ordering kits from Van's is that if you delete a lot of stuff, it is cheaper to order what you want rather than delete items you don't want. That way you don't pay the 25% for the items you delete.

For my finish kit and FWF kit I did this and it saved a lot. But then I a lot of the expensive stuff.

If anyones interested Todds Canopy has a tinted RV-8 ready to ship for $340.

I emailed for info and was given this offer. I want clear otherwise I would get it.

I'm not sure how much freight will be, I'm waiting to hear back from the carrier for a quote.

briand said:
If anyones interested Todds Canopy has a tinted RV-8 ready to ship for $340.

I emailed for info and was given this offer. I want clear otherwise I would get it.

I'm not sure how much freight will be, I'm waiting to hear back from the carrier for a quote.
Brian,

Did they happen to say what color the tint was? I might be interested and maybe we could get a reduced shipping cost if the sent 2? I live over by Flint. I have a Vans canopy but have been thinking about a tinted one.

Greg

I don't know what tint. I would imagine it would be like the one pictured here:

http://www.toddscanopies.com/

(look under prices and then RV-8 for a pic of a tinted canopy)

I got a quote from a shipper and they want $132.00

I doubt they would offer a discount to 2 destinations that are so far apart and gas in pickup would kill any savings.

Anyway, the total cost works out exactly to 75% of Vans catalog price for a Todds clear one delivered.

If I can use my employers discount with FX freight it will only be about $50.

Does he not create canopies for the -7(A)? Just wondering why it's not on his list and how much a "custom canopy" would end up costing.