Paul 5r4

Well Known Member
On a couple of occasions in the past my 7A tip up canopy was stuck in the nearly closed position. No matter what I did I could not get it to open. I could see the handle at the top and it had not rotated to lock it and the locking mechanism was in the open position. On both occasions, it finally popped open and I still could not find the reason for the issue. Today it happened again. Same thing... after messing around it finally just popped open. Today I did notice that on the pilot side I was able to wiggle the aft section at the bottom but on the passenger side it was secure and unmovable. After finally getting it open, I decided to get in and focus on a search of this side. And then I saw it. Here's a picture.
The canopy roll bar apparently could come down with the lip of the roll bar inside the angle of the passenger back rest which kind of wedged it in place. At least now I know.

Attachments

• IMG_4486.jpeg
    IMG_4486.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 189
Paul

That seat backs looks like it’s too close to the roll bar. On mine from memory I swapped the left and right and that gave me more clearance.

regards Peter