Hey,
Has anyone heard of anybody tinting the slider for a little heat relief.

Thanks
Pat
RV6 almost flying again after a couple of years being neglected.

I've got 2 of the small rectangular "static cling" sunshades from the local Auto Zone...one on each side of the canopy. $7 each and they work great.

Like this?

1306635.jpg

Heat

Yes, that's what I was thinking. At what point can you go to far for visibility reasons and does it go on without wrinkles?

Pat

Some day's, you'll want all the canopy "heat" you can get. As already mentioned, you can't beat the Kroger sun shade. It stores easily, and is a one handed affair to pull in place, while in flight.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

I couldn't get the static type to work on my canopy. What brand di you use Sonny. Don

Hey Don! I wish I could remember the brand, but it was the only one that Autozone (or maybe it was Schucks) had. They're the small 12x15 inch "cling" type vinyl tint squares. Actually, more round-corner rectangles. They stick really well on my canopy, to the point where I had to peel it back and smooth it down a few times to get rid of bubbles. Next time you're up this way, let me know and come take a look!

Koger sunshade is more versatile....

...because in the winter, with it slid back, solar heating is sho 'nuff welcome
and being in Kansas, you'd really welcome that....I do, even here in Georgia, where the heaters have a hard time keeping up in 30 deg temps.

Plus, the kit comes with the correct drill and tap for the sliders. Quick and easy install.

Best,

Be very careful with permanent tinting if you plan to fly at night. A little tint goes a long way when the sun goes down.
I had a fairly dark tint on my Moni Motorglider canopy. when the sun went down, it was almost totally blind even though it was still very light outside.