RVG8tor

Well Known Member
There is no dimension on the plans but my canopy frame fit to roll bar seems kind of wide. It is about 1/2" gap, it is also not perfectly parallel to the roll bar. I am guessing that the tilt of the roll bar is driven by the angle the feet are that attach to the side rail. It is a QB so I can't change that. The rollers are at the forward most point in the track when in the closed position, if I muscle it I can get the frame to move a little closer but then the rollers start to move up onto the roll bar foot, which will make the canopy move up slightly.

I pulled out the latch and handle and it does not hook over the attach point on the roll bar either, I read in the instructions that you can trim the latch hook for a better fit. Mine will definitely need trimming

So is this gap I have OK. My frame to roll bar fit is ever so slightly wider at the top than the bottom, should I bend the front part of the canopy frame to make them perfectly parallel. The plans don't really address this issue.

Cheers

Canopy frame to roll bar

The most forward position of the canopy frame is achieved when the pin enters the nylon block completely on the rear track. In this position my rollers also moved onto the roll bar feet and lifted the canopy slightly.

My frame to roll bar gap was also wider at the top than the bottom, but I bent the frame to get them perfectly parallel.

The gap between my frame and roll bar is +/-1/4".

Regards,