RVG8tor

Well Known Member
One part of the fitting instructions talk about sliding the canopy frame until it touches the canopy itself then shimming the rollers to this height and then you drill for the bolt that holds the roller to the frame.

I just don't under stand this part, don't you cut the edges for the canopy to fit the frame until it touches the roll bar and it would seem that in the closed position it would also touch the forward part of the canopy frame. I guess this is one of those things that will seem obvious once I start trimming the canopy to fit. Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Canopy frame

If you trim the canopy to fit it will either touch the roll bar or forward canopy frame first.

If it touches the roll bar first, you can lift the canopy frame until it touches the canopy by adding shims under the rollers before drilling.

If it touches the forward canopy frame first, you can remove material from the canopy frame (where the rollers insert) to lower it.

The objective is to have both the forward canopy frame and roll bar touching the top of the canopy after trimming.

Hope this helps.