prkaye

Well Known Member
For the fairing over the windsheild across the roll-bar, the plans say to have the lip extend back over the rear slider canopy only 1/4 to 1/2". If I do this, the rivets through the aft canopy and forward bow of the slider frame will still be visible behind the lip, when the canopy is closed. What have others done... have you done a bigger lip on this windscreen fairing over the roll-bar?

It seems to me it would look better if the fairing extended back over that forward bow of the slider frame... but I wonder if it would interfere with opening/closing?

Last edited:
You can do a couple of things. Extend the lip to cover the rivets and/or paint a strip to cover those same rivets, or do both like I did. Here's the only picture I could find that illustrates this. Hope it helps.

IMG_1380.jpg

This is an RV-6 but I assume the -9 is similar.

My lip overlaps to just behind the rivets and I have no problems with closing the canopy.Use duct tape for a release and it will work out fine. Don

My rollbar fairing comes back to the slider rivet centerline. I'm thinking the longer the overlap, the more prone to damage. The 'glass is thin and flimsy and can be easily damaged.
Either install those aftermarket handles in the rollbar or prepare a passenger entry/exit briefing. "Hold here. Don't touch there. Place left foot there. NOOOO, NOT THERE!!! AAAAARRRRGGGHHH."

You can do a couple of things. Extend the lip to cover the rivets and/or paint a strip to cover those same rivets, or do both like I did. Here's the only picture I could find that illustrates this. Hope it helps.

IMG_1380.jpg

This is an RV-6 but I assume the -9 is similar.

Hey Pat, I really like your external canopy latch handle. Did you machine it yourself or cheat and buy it? :)

Phil, I made the overlap cover the rivets. I was also concerned about the overlap being too long and weak so I made mine extra thick and used two layers of carbon fibre along with the regular glass. It is very strong. I also installed handles on the roll bar. The overlap edge does not deflect when pushed on.