LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
Section 39 advises "pulling the sides of the canopy down" and securing with duct tape before drilling the front and rear bows.

I want to be sure I understand this because pulling it down will probably take it down below it's normal position (flush against the attach angles) when finished, which seems problematic if you're drilling and, thus, locking the canopy into position.

Or, do they mean pulling the canopy IN to secure it so it's flush against the attach angles?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-26 094638.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-26 094638.png
    105 KB · Views: 45
I can just tell you my experience contemplating that when I did my canopy as I was concerned about getting it right as well. Mine did hang down too low on the sides as well and the instructions don't say much about that as I recall. After trial fitting it a bunch I decided to let it sit as natural as possible so it stresses the shape the least...then trim to fit around all edges - yeah tape down the edges but didn't stress pulling it back/forward, just let it settle where it wanted of course leaving enough overlap everywhere to not be short.

Ended up trimming the edges up a little on each side, little on the front, and a little on the back for the perfect fit.

Trimmed it up and worked out great. Used a corded dremel with a cutting wheel to cut it - worked pretty good. Happy with how it came out.