Mark Dickens

Well Known Member
Patron
Probably the oldest story in the book. Cracked the canopy while riveting it to the frame this afternoon, but stop drilled it immediately. I will get some weld-on, but was wondering what to plug the hole with. I know RTV isn't a good choice, but wonder what everyone else has used, I was thinking about using a little DAP Alex caulk since it dries clear.

Pic below:

IMG_0518.JPG

I've seen a lot of RVs with a bead of pro seal run around the skirt/canopy perimeter. Makes for a nice finish. In your case would also cover the hole.

I've seen a lot of RVs with a bead of pro seal run around the skirt/canopy perimeter. Makes for a nice finish. In your case would also cover the hole.

Is ProSeal also the recommended material for a bead on the windshield where the windshield meets the frame?

Glue in a clear plastic toothpick type. Cut flush to surface and buff. Did this on a 150 with very good success.

Good point. I was already thinking about running a bead of proseal or sika, so this might be the answer

Fillet

I closed off the skirt to canopy with sika and it worked well and this would be easy to cover up in that manner.