riffelj

I'm about ready to buy a canopy cover. I'd appreciate hearing others experiences with the covers out there (FlightLine, Cleveland Tools, Bruce, etc.). Ease of use, how they repel water/light, weight, durability ... anything you want to offer.

Vans or Bruces

I have a Bruces cover for my 9A, got it from Vans. Perfect fit, and very good quality.
Highly recommend.

Regards,
Chris

I'm sure you will get several opinions, all valid I'm sure, but working with Abby at Flightline will be very hard to top.
I ordered my Flightline cover and after checking for fit, I have an antenna on top, so Abby requested I send back, with measurements and pattern of antenna. Abby cut this out, velcro, double stitched, perfect and returned back,, NO ADDITIONAL COST. (While your at it, purchase their aileron boots also!)
Kenny Gene
RV7a (338 hrs)
Kansas

Canopy Cover

I have had Bruce covers for an RV4 and Starduster, Both were of excellent quality and fit. Roger Moore

vote for bruce

i love my bruce cover. it is 9 years old. bruce took it back and overhauled it for free. the outer edge and bungy were worn out. the cover is ist class. nothing out there is inits class. should last " forever".

covers

I have a 3 year -old cover from Bruce's. still looks good.
I often grab the front hemmed edge to pull it taut, and the hem ripped at this point.
Bruce offered to repair for free, but I think the $50 shipping each way dissuaded me.
I'll get my seamstress to reinforce the front and rear at these points, as I find pulling on the tabs behind the buckles with one hand awkward, if not impossible, while trying to snap the buckle with my second and third hand.!
Yes, it needs to be THAT taut, it's windy here! Always.

A bit bulky to roll up and take along on a flight. a Second sunshade/lightweight fly might be advisable for day trips.

otherwise very happy with cover, no scratching of canopy, or chafing of paint where straps touch. ( remember, taut!?!?)

Love fest for Bruce's

I got my Bruce's cover 18 months ago and love it. Louise puts it on (and off) me about twice a week with our commute for her job and it is cozy, durable, and makes me look very handsome! :cool:

I used to have one of the lighter weight (and cheaper) ones sold through Van's and it didn't do the job nearly as well. I can't comment on others.

Cleavland Cover

I have the Cleavland cover on my 6 and like it. It is very small and lightweight when folded up in the included bag. It stays on very well with two straps and plastic clamps. I wouldn't want anything else.

Jim

Received my Bruce cover today

I ordered my cover at Sun and Fun and received it today. Some info got lost in the process but company did excellent job by locating my address and communication with them was hassle free. Please disregard the negative comment I posted elsewhere and order from them. Good product.

I have the Cleavland cover on my 6 and like it. It is very small and lightweight when folded up in the included bag. It stays on very well with two straps and plastic clamps. I wouldn't want anything else.

+1. Had one on my six and now on my -8A. Great lightweight cover that
stays on. DJ is nice to boot.