rwarre

Well Known Member
Anyone have issues with canopy covers deteriorating? The last couple of times I used my cover from Flightline Interiors, moisture was got through and there was a greasy film left on my plexiglass. The cover is 11 years old. Looking to replace it with either the Vans or Bruces.

I never expect that a canopy cover will keep moisture out. They have to make covers "breathable" so that any water that gets trapped under it can evaporate. I'm more worried about installing a cover on a dirty windshield or window, especially if there is any wind blowing which causes the cover to move around and grind dirt into the plastic.

-Marc

Anyone have issues with canopy covers deteriorating? The last couple of times I used my cover from Flightline Interiors, moisture was got through and there was a greasy film left on my plexiglass. The cover is 11 years old. Looking to replace it with either the Vans or Bruces.

11 years is a very good service time. Get another one from the same manufacturer. Bruce cover will disintegrate after three years don’t ask me how I know. Of course I am talking of parking under the elements and taking cover on/off every other day on average.

Left mine on for a week at CNY (Moab) which is commonly windy - and dusty, and it wore down the topcoat where the straps touched. Never used it again.