skelrad

Well Known Member
Friend
Am I right in assuming these black marks on the front and rear of the canopy should be used to indicate the canopy center line (between them)? It would make sense that that is why they are there, but measuring from the form lines on each side of the bubble doesn't equate to the same center. That could simply be how the forms are made though, I don't know. Just want a sanity check before I start cutting.

20241002_105726.jpg

I spent a long time trying to measure and find my own lines (it's hard!) and then concluded that the marks were intended for that and close enough. It fit fine based on that assumption and the airplane flies. It's possible the canopy isn't symmetric on the plane now, but I can't detect it with my eye.

Just my opinion...
Before you commit to cutting based on measurements, confirm the weldment fits best in the measured location.
It sounds counterintuitive, but I used the "happy place" method after marking. I set the weldment in the canopy and moved it around till the gaps were small. Then I marked the canopy to be cut.

Just my opinion...
Before you commit to cutting based on measurements, confirm the weldment fits best in the measured location.
It sounds counterintuitive, but I used the "happy place" method after marking. I set the weldment in the canopy and moved it around till the gaps were small. Then I marked the canopy to be cut.
Sorry, should have mentioned this is a tip up.