Camillo

Well Known Member
Hi. I just finished to fit and drill roll bar and canopy brace. I ended them with a couple of question:

1) left side of roll bar is perfectly squared from the base to the upper middle; right side is 3/32'' at the base and then OK on the top: gap becomes smaller and smaller and becomes 0 at 1/3 of height; is this gap acceptable or do I have to fix it (if so, I don't know how, since I drilled and bolted deck, shims and roll bar base);

2) after that, I installed canopy brace arm (WD-643-SS); I had to trim it in order to fit WD-641 roll bar "nest"; I then drilled the 1/4'' hole at 1/2'' from the outside edge of the nest and match drilled the canopy brace; BUT, when finished, I noticed that canopy brace hole is just 9/32'' from its outside edge (aft direction); so 9/32'' is less than 1,5 diameters (1/4''*1,5=12/32''); drawing 43, detail B gives no indication of minimum distance form the 1/4'' hole and the aft edge of WD-643-SS canopy brace, even if one may argue that it should touch WD-641 roll bar (so, distance would be almost 12/32'').

Short questions:

1) is a 3/32'' lower gap tolerable in the first third (3/32 at the base and 0 at 1/3 of roll bar height) of the roll bar or will it ruin canopy frame closing?

2) is 9/32'' edge distance on canopy brace safe enough (where it joints to roll bar) or should it touch roll bar?

Thank-you.
Camillo

If someone is interested.
I received answer from Van's.
Gap should be OK, because distance from roll bar to canopy frame, when canopy is closed, is between 1/4'' and 3(8''.
Distance on brace should be OK.