apatti

Well Known Member
I need opinions on how you think an RV8A would look with a clear windshield and the rest of the canopy tinted. For the sake of argument, assume it can be done.

I am trying to get the best of both worlds. I like tinted for some shading from the sun. But, I want a clear windshield for better night vision.

Thanks!

??

Well,besides the extra cost of making two separate pieces and making sure the two different pieces mate up when closed :confused: it is your aircraft and you can do anything you want. Something else to think about is re-sell value. What works well for you may not look good the buying public. That is my two bits worth...but it sure is nice being to build something to your needs.

I think it would look okay. Just like all the trucks and cars that on the lots nowadays. The front seats are clear or less tinted and the back seat windows are much darker.

The standard is tinted

Apparently it is not very common knowledge but the standard canopy as supplied is tinted to the darkest allowed on certificated aircraft and still be approved for night operations. I don't remember the exact number but i think it is 15%.