prkaye

Well Known Member
Question for Canadians... for your EMS temps (oil temp, CHT, EGT), do you use degrees F or degrees C ?

Thanks Tom. I forgot to ask you when we spoke on the phone - are you the owner of the Rocket that has that grey-cammoflauge paint scheme with the CF Roundel's on it? I saw pics of it a while back, and was just drooling... looks so cool.

Yes, that would be mine. I am awaiting the return of my ECI cylinders. They have been shipped and I expect them late next week.

is that scheme actually historical? I think I recall the roundels are the modern type - but the only CF fighters with a cammo scheme that I know of were the CF-104's used in Germany.

Maybe if i make it down to your area in June I can come and see your beauty up close.

I agree with Tom. OAT in C, the rest in steam age F.
For us in Canada, all the available info is so US dominated that it would be confusing not to use Fahrenheit. Think about manufacturers data, trouble shooting, posts on VAF etc. It could be a lot of work.
I strongly prefer Celsius but I'm going F for my EMS
Looking for your new paint job when you post it.

Phil
There is nothing historical about my paint scheme, hysterical perhaps! This is the fourth rocket that I have personally owned and with it I wanted to experiment with a lot of different modifications. A primer paint scheme works well as I can make a change, shoot a bit of primer and I am back in the air. I have had painted planes in the past and the problem with paint is that you are reluctant to make any changes. Any ways, based on four years of SARL races I have added 20 mph to this airplane and it is currently the fastest rocket based on race results. The primer is starting to look a bit ragged around the edges but until I stop racing, grey, it will remain!
Keep August 21st open as I am hosting the first SARL event in Canada; ?The Great Canadian Air Rally?. I am hoping to get quite a few Ontario planes to participate; it will be a flying weekend with a barn dance on the Saturday night.