That is a bit odd. Give Pacific Coast Avionics in Oregon a call. They will ship via USPS and you can avoid the brokerage fees that UPS/FedEx charge. 1-800-353-0370. No sales tax either!

I sent an email to radio world in Ontario Canada inquiring about an ICOM AC210 radio.
Here?s their reply:
Hello
Thank you for the note
Sorry we do not mail Icom exterior to Canada
Regards
Diane
Anyone have any idea why?

Radioworld is a good, reputable supplier. It probably has to do with exclusive territory agreements with ICOM, rather than anything philisophical.

On the other hand (for example) McMaster-Carr does not ship to Canada simply because they can`t be bothered. The Aviation market in Canada is quite healthy compared to the US right now, just ask Van`s or ACS. It`s odd that any company would be turning down business in a recession just because it can`t be bothered to spend 5 minutes on paperwork to fill out a customs declaration sticker.

My company (Vx Aviation) ships everywhere in the world, at no additional charge. It`s our way of saying we want your business no matter where you live. It also gives a break to those folks who are always frustrated by spending more in shipping than the item cost.

Vern

Do you want it purchased

I'm in the Toronto area and could get it for you and figure out what the shipping cost would be...if you really want to get it.

Cheers,

Don

I know this doesn't help, but it certainly warms the cockles of my heart to finally see a supplier in Canada being courted by a US customer for a change. I can't count the number of times i've heard a US supplier say the same thing to me when I was trying to take advantage of more favorable prices south of the border...