cstanley

I'm about to tackle the fuel tanks on my slow build wing kit. Once I"m done with that, I'm supposed to put the bottom skins on. Why wouldn't I want to do that AFTER installing all the flight controls and the AP? Seems it would be so much easier.

Last edited:
It's the last thing I do on the side by side, install the bottom skins. A couple of friends doing a 10 did the same thing. Larry

Last edited:
Bottom skins

I don't know for sure since I am not quite to that point, but I think I read that riveting the bottom skins on with the control tubes in place is very difficult. Tubes must get in the way of bucking.

I am riveting the skins now. What I did was to complete the aileron actuation section and set the control tube lengths, with the skins off. I also went ahead and paid the $50 or so and purchased the autopilot attachment hardware and installed it. Now I am riveting the skins on and then will install the tubes again and verify the rigging. All that would be left then is to install the servo at a later time.
Eric

I put the servo in before I buttoned it up. I delayed putting the bottom skins on for two years. I wanted to make sure I had everything figured out before installing them. I did take out the control tubes since they are fairly easy to install.