lr172

Well Known Member
I am building all of my avionics harnesses. I plan to couple the KLN-90, 396 and SL-30 to my Trio A/P. My question is, can the D-100 drive the A/P as well. Dynon has told me that it won't pass the data that it receives to a transmit port unfortunately (I bridged the connections and put in a rotary switch instead). I thought the Trio guy told me that the Dynon would drive the Trio, but he may have been thinking Skyview. The D100 has a heading bug, so it would seem that it could pass this course data to the A/P.

Can anyone tell me if the D100 can drive a Trio via a Serial port?

Thanks,

Larry

As far as we know, no stand alone autopilot supports the D10A/D100/D180 serial output data.

Yes, all the Dynon products that have an AHRS (D10A, D100, D180, and SkyView) have a built in autopilot.

The D10A/D100/D180 AP can all follow any GPS laterally, will track the SL-30, and can fly heading or track modes. They can do altitude hold and altitude changes.

Doesn't the D100 have its own A/P built-in like the D10A?

I already have a Trio with the Navaid servo. If I could use the Navaid servo, I would probably switch to the Dynon A/P. I can't justify the $1000 expense for the Dynon servo at this point.