Jetj01

Well Known Member
Looking for insight,

I sent in a propeller to CATTO PROP almost two years ago for repair. The blades had been damaged in a ground strike. CATTO PROP said they could repair the blades and so they were sent to CATTO PROP. I have been unable to get any response recently from Craig Catto as to the status of my prop. Before I get legal action involved, does anyone here have any insight into why CATTO PROP is not responding to emails or phone calls? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to keep this as 'civil' as possible, at this point but will have to get the justice system involved here shortly.

James Johnson
[email protected]
940-613-2797 :(

Jetj01 said:
Looking for insight,

I sent in a propeller to CATTO PROP almost two years ago for repair. The blades had been damaged in a ground strike. CATTO PROP said they could repair the blades and so they were sent to CATTO PROP. I have been unable to get any response recently from Craig Catto as to the status of my prop. Before I get legal action involved, does anyone here have any insight into why CATTO PROP is not responding to emails or phone calls? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to keep this as 'civil' as possible, at this point but will have to get the justice system involved here shortly.

James Johnson
[email protected]
940-613-2797 :(

James,

This won't help, but I know he is, and has been for at least a year, swamped in trying to get props out.
I've been waiting for a touch over a year.

Roy C Lewis Jr
RV8QB
AEIO-390 Catto 3
Wiring

catto prop

Keep trying I get hold of him pretty regularly but always keep calling, not waiting on him to call back.

good luck,

P.S. He has always treated me fairly

This may be a dumb question but why did you wait two years? Have you been calling him all that time? Craig is a nice guy, I've met him twice and I didn't perceive him as the type of person to knowingly try to cheat someone. He is a single father as well as a single prop maker so he's pretty much swamped all the time. Keep tring to get hold of him. I'm sure he'll make the situation right.

In 2005, I ordered a Catto prop for my RV-6, recieved the prop, flew it, damaged it, sent it back for repair, recieved it back, flew it a bunch more, damaged it again, sent it back for repairs and recieved it back yet again. All within CY 2005. I made numerous calls to Craig during that year, and if he didn't answer the phone he usually called me back within a few hours, and always by the next day.

Many others have reported similar good service from Craig. Is there something else going on in your case?

svanarts said:
This may be a dumb question but why did you wait two years? Have you been calling him all that time? Craig is a nice guy, I've met him twice and I didn't perceive him as the type of person to knowingly try to cheat someone. He is a single father as well as a single prop maker so he's pretty much swamped all the time. Keep tring to get hold of him. I'm sure he'll make the situation right.
It sounds like you may have sent him the prop around the time his daughter was hurt in the plane accident. Flight instructor forgot to switch tanks on a low wing and they ran the tank dry. She broke her back in the accident but is doing well. She walked up on stage for HS graduation last year w/ a back brace on.

Anyway, I agree with the others. He is a good business man and wouldn't knowingly cheat anyone. I realize that doesn't help you much as you are still waiting for your prop.

I ordered my prop way early and received it last fall. Hope to hang it before it is a year old.

BTW, he did respond to an email I sent him last week regarding another issue.

Thanks EVERYBODY!

Yes, I have been attempting contact over the last two years as have several friends of mine, much more frequently in the last 6 months. And I concur, I have heard nothing but good about Craig as a person and have personally recommended his props and even mounted one on an RV of mine. I too have heard about the injury and circumstances surrounding his daughter's accident. Having lost my 16 year old daughter to a car crash three years ago, I can certainly relate to the disruption an event like that can lead to. Sooooo....

I hope he )CATTO PROP) lets us know what the status is and hopefully soon gets hold of us and repairs/returns the prop. The propless aircraft has been grounded since the prop was sent in.

If anyone out there knows him, please tell him to call/write/whatever. As I did before, I will enclose my cell phone # where I can be reached!

James 'Jj' Johnson
940-613-2797

HEARD FROM CATTO PROP TODAY!

CATTO PROP UPDATE: :eek:
Today got an email from Craig Catto saying he has been very busy with another project (Reno related!) but will now concentrate on getting our prop finished, estimating one week. so those of you that helped, whether with good thoughts or actual prompting....THANKS!

And yes, he IS a great guy, his heart IS in the right place, and his products do ROCK....that's why things take time I guess...???

Thanks again, and thanks for the voice mssg Glen T!

Jetj01