N208ET

Well Known Member
I am in the beginning of a panel upgrade and bought a used D180. I want to have audible alerts from the Dynon for "engine monitering," "your going to slow stupid" and all that. I have been using the intercom in my A210 but I'm not sure if the D180 will hook up to that. I also have a Sigtronics SPA-400 on the shelf to use if I want to. Has anybody hooked their D180 up to a SPA 400? Thanks for all the help.

Randy
8A

I am in the beginning of a panel upgrade and bought a used D180. I want to have audible alerts from the Dynon for "engine monitering," "your going to slow stupid" and all that. I have been using the intercom in my A210 but I'm not sure if the D180 will hook up to that. I also have a Sigtronics SPA-400 on the shelf to use if I want to. Has anybody hooked their D180 up to a SPA 400? Thanks for all the help.

Randy
8A
*Don't know* as to your specific equipment. Just check the mfg literature to see if those devices have aux input. And put a switch and/or rheostat on the audio signal. In my case, I fly with the audio alarm switched off 99% of the time. I find the visual alarm annunciation on my Dynon equipment adequate.

**Not sure who typed the original msg. I have no idea if they work** Da## iPad auto spell correct!

Last edited:
Yes you can!

Low Pass is incorrect, you can hook up the Dynon to the iCom.

I had my D100 EFIS and D10 EMS connected to the mono inputs on both the A200 and the A210 I replaced the A200 with. The iCom is then connected to a Sigtronics 200S so I can plug in an iPod and play my music through the intercom

Then when I upgrade the panel and replaced the EFIS and EMS with the SkyView I connected the SkyView to the A210 and continue to get audio inputs through the radio to the intercom.

You will hear the stall warning and any out of limit audio warning you may have set through EMS.

Last edited:
PS. I connected the Dynons to the iCom without any resistors and the volume levels were right on. Plus, with the A210, you can lower the volume of the incoming audio.

I too hooked mine to my stand alone intercom that didn't have an aux input. I know I have a potentiometer somewhere in the line but I don't remember if that was for the Dynon or the Zaon. That is there just to fine tune the volume if need be.

The bottoms line is, I get all the Dynon warning tones through my intercom.

Thanks

For all the replies guys, I will be hooking the dynon up to the A210 then, good to know.

Randy
8A