david.perl

Well Known Member
Hi

Can i wire things like a microswitch for my parking brake into a skyview or do i need a separate enunciator?

thanks

David

The Skyview EMS module has a bunch of aux inputs for all kind of contacts or sensors you might choose to install. Canopy down, squat switch, flaps down or position, etc. You can download the installation manual on their site.
Then you can set ranges for them, show them each on the screen(s), and have them annunciate audibly (or not).
Dynon has a great forum they they moderate and answer questions directly on.

I have a CO2 detector status, Fuel Pump Status, Pitot Heat Status, L-PMag status, R-PMag status and an external alarm light in addition to the "standard" indications on my Dynon Skyview EMS page.

SkyviewDisplay_zps1b78db94.jpg

You can see the L-PMag and R-PMag are ON (Green Lights ON) while the CO2, Fuel Pump and Pitot Heat are OFF (Green Lights OFF). It is very easy to set up for just about any type of contact/switch.

:cool:

thanks Guys

Im installing my sky views at the moment and have the manual. I can't see how to wire the micro switches in?

any pointers to where in the manual?

thanks again

David

Any of the GP inputs may be used. Simply connect one pole of the switch to the GP Input and the other pole to ground.

Then you will need to do the appropriate config/calibration on the SkyView.

Last edited:
You'll want to feed a ground wire to the microswitch, and then the output of the switch goes to one of the General Purpose inputs on the EMS. This type signal would be what Dynon calls "Category A" and can be placed on any of the General or Enhanced General input pins on the 37-pin D-sub connector on the EMS. The EMS will put a little floating voltage on that pin looking for a path to ground - when the switch is activated and grounds that line, the Dynon sees that as a "signal" and displays whatever annunciation you have programmed for that signal.

thanks Guys

Im installing my sky views at the moment and have the manual. I can't see how to wire the micro switches in?

any pointers to where in the manual?

thanks again

David

Connect one side of the parking brake micro-switch to ground and the other side of the switch to any available General input pin on the 37-pin D-sub connector on the EMS. Then configure the display to show its status in whatever format you prefer.

Ref: Dynon Skyview Installation Manual, Revision P, pg 7-50 (CONTACTS) and pg 7-53 (EMS Sensor Definitions, Mapping, and Settings).

I hope this helps.

:cool:

Last edited: