BlackRV7

Well Known Member
Since this is one of the first weekends on the east coast where it looks like the weather is going to be fabulous, I am thinking it would be a great time to go airplane camping. I am based out of i39, pretty much middle KY, and am looking for something grass, could be hard, nice place to camp next the airplane, a little hiking, tent camping, just a laid back no nonsense relaxing time. Care to point out some ideas in your area..........and care to have a little get together....I'll leave the banjo at the house....

Dana

I was thinking Kitty Hawk Sat. AM for the Wright Bros. Memorial. Then to Okracoke Island in the PM for a B & B Sat. nite & Sun. Sleeping on the ground doesn't sit well with the wife.

Last edited:
Tents??

Hah, certainly something to consider. I am heading out somewhere, sometime, someplace in Black Magic this weekend. I'm just thinking a tent, fold up chairs, adult beverage or two and a cigar fits the bill nicely. Kitty Hawk and W95 sound enticing though............

Rome, GA

EAA Chapter 709 in Rome, GA (RMG) has a campground at the airport. Not sure the details, but you can taxi up and camp. Rex Puckett is the pres and he's on VAF. Rex - you out there???

RMG's about 1.5 hrs from I39. My in-law's family in Berea, KY, so I've been there.

Okracoke

Waited too late for Okracoke. Everything's booked up. We'll stay with friends living on a boat in Pamlico Sound and fly on to Okracoke for lunch then to Kitty Hawk for a day trip. Everyone enjoy the weekend and be safe.:)