Paris12Man

Well Known Member
For those of you who have purchased and mounted a small camcorder in the cockpit of your 12, can you show pictures of your mount location, wiring connections and provide info on cameras and mounting hardware. I've read some on ContourHD, Drift HD cameras, but don't have much experience with video, so I'm looking for suggestions. Many thanks.

You can see pictures of what I've tried here: http://hangara13.com/Videos.html.

The last two picturees show the mount and location that I am using now. One thing not shown is something that I have added recently and that is a piece of dense closed cell foam between the camera and the roll bar to help dampen vibration.

I have the Drift HD170 that I got from Amazon and it works quite well. I edit using Serif Movie Plus X5, available on Amazon. The suction mount that I tried is the Drift Suction Cup mount available at Amazon. The one that I use regularly is the Pedco Ultra Clamp avilable at... any one? Yes, Amazon.

There is no wiring and the camera comes with a wireless remote. The biggest problem I have is forgetting to turn it on.