tomcostanza

Well Known Member
I just became aware that there are people interested in the MilSpec group buy for CamLoc fasteners that didn't get the word on what to do. Anyone interested, who has not already done so, should call Jeremy at MilSpec:

http://www.milspecproducts.com/contact.htm
(352)-735-0065

We had 30+ people interested, so we qualified for the 30% maximum discount. Jeremy said he would keep the offer open until 1/31/07.

Regards and Happy New Year.

I spoke to Jeremy about 2 weeks ago and told him I would wait on the stainless steel parts which will not be shipped until later this month.

I haven't received mine yet, but I too wanted the stainless receptacle. I also said I would wait until the end of the ship schedule, so I expect you all will receive your's first.

Stud Length?

I notice that Skybolt lists the -2S length stud (SK40S5-2S) as part of their RV kits. Also, as I recall, if Milspec's 40S5-3S stud is used with the MS245 adjustable receptacle to grip a .063 cowl skin plus .063 receptacle mounting plate, the receptacle's center plug ends up hanging out of the receptacle collar, right? Therefore, shouldn't we be ordering Milspec 40S5-2S studs instead of the 40S5-3S studs normally supplied by Milspec?

Thank You,

Bill Palmer

Stud Length Revision

Bill, We have changed the MilSpec kits to incorporate the -1 stud length as per Jeff's recommendation. This will allow maximum depth adjustment for even the thinnest of panels. So, there should not be any further issues with the receptacle / stud. If you have any questions or need anything else, please let me know. Thanks!

Jeremy
MilSpec Products, Inc.

I got mine last week (1st week of January) even though I told them I didn't need them until the fall. I believe I ordered them in the second week of December. They're a very nice, clever product. I'm pleased.

Guy

Hi All.
We are shipping kits as we speak. The stainless receptacles are running and we should have them finished in order to have everyone?s orders shipped by Mon. - Tues. next week. I apologize for the delay on these new receptacles but, they look really nice! Hope everyone has a good weekend and as always, if there is anything else we can do for you just let us know.

Best,
Jeremy
MilSpec Products

Last edited: