BHunt

Well Known Member
Ok so, I just graduated the F-16 B Course back in September and am moving to Osan AB (Harrumph!!) in South Korea in December. I have been asking questions on this site for almost a year now and have decided that I WILL build an RV in the future, eyes on the 14. But being in South Korea for 1 year min and a busy few years ahead of me, it may be a couple years before I'm really able to dive in.
On to my request. I will be on leave in the Fresno, CA area from Nov 9 through Dec 3 and am trying to go up for my first time (sts) in an RV. Is there anybody in the Fresno area willing to let me buy their gas/breakfast/beer/whiskey for a ride to see what I'm getting myself into. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Brad

Brad,
Congrats on the viper.

It may be helpful if you tell people how tall you are, how much you weight and your preferred RV (tailwheel, training wheel :), tandem or side by side). There are many RV around the area. Unfortunately, some of us have copilot size limitations because of CG issues.

Easy enough. 6'0. 185lbs. Never flown a tail dragged, but not against it. Looking at side by sides, the 14 is on the top of my list. But the draw of a tandem keeps pulling me that direction.

16 Driver???

From an old country farmer with a couple thousand hrs in rv4-6 and 7, I can't see you, a fighter jock, in anything but a center line seat RV.. Anyway, if you get back to Colorado and have a few minutes, shoot me a message and I will line you with a couple of retired Navy types, A6 and FA18 drivers that will convince you of the folly of your ways.....Dave

Brad,

I live in Sierra Sky Park in NW Fresno.

Call when you get into town, we'll get you up in whatever you'd like to try. The formation group I am honored to fly with has pretty much one of everything.

Side by sides are targets...just sayin

(559),..352--6145

Brad,

I live in Sierra Sky Park in NW Fresno.

Call when you get into town, we'll get you up in whatever you'd like to try. The formation group I am honored to fly with has pretty much one of everything.

Side by sides are targets...just sayin

(559),..352--6145

I'm gonna take you up on that. Just let me know what a proper compensation should be.

I do not have anything flying yet, but if your interested in bucking some rivets, hit me up...

Two of my good friends (one of them a U-2 driver), fly Rockets.... Make SURE you get some time in one of those as well. It may change your whole outlook.

From an old country farmer with a couple thousand hrs in rv4-6 and 7, I can't see you, a fighter jock, in anything but a center line seat RV.. Anyway, if you get back to Colorado and have a few minutes, shoot me a message and I will line you with a couple of retired Navy types, A6 and FA18 drivers that will convince you of the folly of your ways.....Dave

I suspect the A6 driver might not feel the way you assume he does about tandem aircraft :)