RV8N

Well Known Member
Anyone in SoCal and might have to evacuate? Possibly need to relocate their RV or other aircraft?

I know we have a thread for relocating due to Hurricanes, not sure if there's anything on the list for the left coast.

Karl

ps. it looks real bad out there. Everyone get out if its coming your way. You can buy more "stuff" later.

Someone on the yahoo list lost their home, it's pretty bad, especially in the San Diego area. Thoughts and prayers go out to those many hundreds of homeless tonight.

They probably can't respond

The Romona area got hit hard. There is huge contingent of RVer's out of Romona airport. I fly in there several times a year and the entire area is vulnerable. I'm sure there may be some victims from our "RV family" but they probably don't have the ability, time or inclination to let us know in the face of this great tragedy.

Lets hope and pray this number is small.

All of Ramona and the surrounding area evacuated Sunday night. They lost a major water pumping station there yesterday, so even though the majority of the fire danger to most of the community has past, they are not allowing people to re-enter the area for a few more days until water supplies are restored to the majority of homeowners in the area.
I spent the day yesterday transferring water and food from Qualcomm stadium to the surrounding evac shelters. With almost a million people evacuated (the largest single evacuation in California history), you can bet a large percentage of So. Cal. pilots are away from a computer until at least the end of the week.

ALL aircraft at RAMONA are safe, but most in hangers/Aircraft are covered with a thick layer or ash/dust. My dogsand I slept in my hanger Sunday night/Monday morning. A real dusty mess driven by high winds. As mentioned earlier at least one RV owner lost his house and is looking for a place to rent for his family of 5.

Ron Patterson...R U OK?

I noticed in Doug's "RV Hotel" section that Ron Patterson lives in Fallbrook, which I believe was hit hard by the fires. Has anyone heard from Ron? He flies an RV-4, N8ZD.

Ron, I've never met you and don't know you, but anyone who is willing to open his home for RV travellers deserves our attention. Our thoughts are with you.

Don

Home Loss

I am sad to report that BillC, who posted above, has lost his home in Ramona to the fire. He recently had his first flight on a beautifully built RV-9A, and has just completed flying off his 25 hours.

The hangar and his plane are OK, but he will have a new "project" now, that of rebuilding his home.:(

I just got off the fireline yesterday after 36hrs straight without sleep. With near hurricane force winds and unstoppable walls of fire extending for miles, from what I saw I cant imagine that any aircraft parked outside could escape undamaged but I'm hoping thats not the case. I'm sorry to hear about Bill's home and the many others we could not save. After getting a call from an anxious wife alone at home that our area was, at the moment, under a 'voluntary' state of evacuation, I'm just glad to finally be home again, sore and a bit banged up from nearly falling through a third story condo complex floor in the middle of the night.

I hope all's well for the many others in this Group that live around here.

Mike