JVolkober

Well Known Member
I am looking for some feedback regarding using light color paint on the interior. I was intending to paint the interior of my -9 with a light color, cream white. Will this result in a lot of reflection off the canopy? Should I use a darker color? An alternative I am considering is a medium dark gray.

I am looking for some feedback regarding using light color paint on the interior. I was intending to paint the interior of my -9 with a light color, cream white. Will this result in a lot of reflection off the canopy? Should I use a darker color? An alternative I am considering is a medium dark gray.

My interior is cream white, and it reflects all over the place. I think a flat gray would look good and reflect a lot less.
Go fly with a white t shirt on and see what you get when the sun hits just right........:eek:

My interior is cream colored too. I notice reflections from the canopy deck rails and the canopy frame. Not bothersome, but noticable.

Next time, I'll paint those areas a darker, flatter color. I've even thought about a vinyl overlay to cover my current canopy deck rails which are the worst offenders.

I'd leave the seats, footwells, cargo area, etc. cream white. Those areas don't seem to cause a reflection problem.

Tan

I second that statement. Bright interiors may look nice but the reflective issues are a problem. I went for a satin tan (similar shade to boeing flight decks) and it looks great. No problems with reflection and blends well with Classic Aero leather seats. Remember that the focus is on what's outside the cockpit (colours of the world) and the not on the inside while flying.

I used a Boulder Grey color with a Black vinyl glare shield that worked out nicely. I only painted the panel, tipup canopy frame, the inside of the upper aft skin and a few small covers in the interior, leaving the rest natural primer washed (QB) color or bare AL. I used the Red carpet, Pewter seat upholstery, and trim panels to finish the rest off. Never had any glare issues.

Roberta

On a nice clear blue sky day..... :eek:) This is my solution:)

file.php

file.php