AirWolf

I'm (still) working on the baffling for my RV-9A, and I had a question about what people have done (or not done) for the restrictor plate. For people that live/fly in cooler climates (NW, NE, or any other moderate climates) has the restrictor plate been necessary? If so, any suggestions on how much of the 2" dia should be left open?
Also, if people are using the restrictor plate, how are you mounting it? I was thinking of fabing the restrictor plate with the same mounting holes as the flange that is attached to the rear baffle, and then bolting the flange, screen, and restrictor plate to the baffling (with some RTV Gooped on to hold the screen).

Thanks for the input!
Ron
RV-9A
N379RV

I used Van's heater plan that places the 2" inlet in the front of #2 cyl. and routes the hose back to the heat muff then to the heater valve. I use no restricter. The heat is fine down to about 20 deg. F and when the heater valve is shut, there is no problem with heat during the summer. The heater valve just dumps hot air out the bottom of the cowl when shut to the cabin.

Roberta

baffle52yg.jpg