PeteP

Well Known Member
Getting close to finishing the canopy rails on my tip up and was reading ahead on the builders manual. I don't see at what point the manual calls for the struts to be installed. Have I missed something? I am hesitant to final drill and rivet the canopy frame as it looks for sure like the struts could play havoc with the alignment.

I'm not far behind you, but I'm not planning on installing them until the last possible moment. As has been said before, they mess with the canopy alignment and until you've actually got the canopy bolted on for the final time, there's really need to have the canopy on and being held open by said struts, that I can see.

after safety latch install

Pete your post made me curious. I dug into my build log and discovered that I fitted my canopy struts after I completed installation of Wd-621 aft canopy handle (section 9 page 9-8) There is a separate sheet with instruction how to fit the struts but it's not mentioned when. I remember I was reading some prominent builders' websites (they are online no more) and that was the sequence. You install them by the plans and you remove them till top front fuse skin riveted.

struts.jpg