C310driver

I'm New Here
Hello RAV Owners / Builders!

I am looking forward to joining your family! I have decided to aqcuire a RAV 8 and am looking for someone local who can assist me in getting familiar with the airplane... I've got around 400 hours and have driven 172s and 310g extensively! I realize I will need to get my tail dragger rateing... I know of a school in Macon, Ga... that offers a checkout in a Piper Cub.... Kinda of far... any advice here?

I live in Acworth, Ga (about 20 miles north of Atlanta).. Close to RYY - McCollum Field, VPC - Cartersville, CZL or Dallas, Ga , PUJ can even go further for the right situation....

Help!

Email me @ [email protected]

Go to VPC and get your tailwheel with Brian in his Super Cub. You can get his contact information from the board in the FBO. After you get your tailwheel go to Mallards Landing in Locust Grove, GA to get RV transition training with Kent Gorton in his RV-6. If you can wheel land an RV-6 then an -8 is not a problem.

I'm based at VPC and we have 2 RV-8s on the field.

I was able to get tailwheel training at Habersham (KAJR) about two years ago. And then did the RV6 training with Kent. Enjoy the RV8

I got my tailwheel transition training in a J-3 Cub and had no trouble moving up to my -4.
The RV's are gentle and predictable, with good rudder authority.
In my limited opinion, I think you could get your tailwheel endorsement in almost any taildragger and readily transition to an RV.

Glenn Wilkinson